The Derry's Lounge
Des Moines, IA 50322
- Hours: 5 p.m.-2 a.m. daily
- Price Range: $ (Under $9)
- Reservations: No reservations required
- Alcohol: Full Bar, Beer, and Wine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Smoking: No
- Bar Style: Neighborhood and Sports
Connie, the owner of Derry's Lounge, has been in the bar business for years, having previously owned Hickman Lounge, Jet Set and Connie's Lounge. Derry's has a large choice of wines and serves free "killer chili" during Monday Night Football. Catch a game on one of the five televisions or stop in for a game of pool. This casual lounge attracts an older, laid-back crowd by day and a younger, more lively clientele by night.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Bar Scene, Laid Back Casual, and Upscale
- Live Music
- Pool Tables, Darts, and Video Games
- Noise Level
- Appetizers Snacks
- Jukebox and Takeout/Carryout
- Average Drink Price
- Worth Noting
Takeout only on steak nights.
Food specialties: Steak and ribs are served Wednesday nights. Hors d'ouvres served every evening.
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards and Cash
- Cross Streets
- Merle Hay Road and Sutton Place
- Free Lot
- Wheelchair Access
Recent User Playlists
This is a list of some of the lesser known places to get a good drink fast and not mess around with 100 20-somethings who all want to mingle. Fast service, hard drinks, no BS. Enjoy.
I love dive bars. I work in one! And I have been to a lot of them. Here are my favorites.