Jimmy's American Cafe - CLOSED
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Kitchen: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday and Monday; 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday; 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday.
Bar: 11 a.m.-midnight Sunday through Thursday; 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Cuisine: Burgers and American
- Price Range: $$ ($9-$15)
- Reservations: Reservations accepted
- Alcohol: Corkage Fee, Full Bar, and Wine
- Dress Code: Anything Goes
- Smoking: No
Jimmy's American Cafe, well-known for summertime Jimmy Buffet Nights on the patio, has been a Des Moines dining staple for more than 25 years. New owner Mark Rogers (who also owns Legends and Fire Creek Grill) is freshening up the restaurant, and adding Cajun and smoked barbecue to the menu.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic, Bar Scene, Laid Back Casual, Quiet, Romantic, and Theme
- Live Music
- Trivia and Video Games
- Noise Level
- Internet Access
- Kids Menu and Takeout/Carryout
- Average Drink Price
- Worth Noting
Jimmy's has eight TVs that are most often showing sports. Hawkeyes, Cyclones and Monday Night Football draws regulars. The establishment showcases live music year around - outside when weather is nice and inside when it's colder. Some of the regular performers are Tony Valdez, Mike Aceto, The Jesters and Paul Johnson.
Food specialties: Known for its famous chicken fingers.
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards and Cash
- 300 including the patio.
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- Eighth Street and Office Park Road
- Free Lot
- Wheelchair Access