Neighborhood: Central Iowa
24 Lincoln Way
Colo, IA 50056
Colo, IA 50056
- Hours: 6:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday; 6:30 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday; 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday; closed Monday
- Price Range: $$ ($9-$15)
- Reservations: Reservations required for parties of 10 or more
- Dress Code: Anything Goes
- Smoking: No
This retro, yet forward-thinking restaurant is classic in its decor, yet progressive in its amenities, such as wireless internet availability and an online menu. The '50s-themed decor is complete with a black and white checkered floor and a 1939 Cadillac parked in the dining area. Cruise on into this trendy joint and allow yourself to revisit a time when life was simpler and your most daunting decision of the day was choosing a flavor of soda for your ice cream float. In keeping with the times, bop to the oldies while enjoying one of the many menu items appropriately named after classic cars. For an enticing evening of entertainment, stop by one of the Nilands Cafe classic car shows that occur each month during the sizzling summer months.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Cleanliness, Cozy, High Energy, Laid Back Casual, and Theme
- Live Music
- Noise Level
- Internet Access
- Delivery, Kids Menu, Online Catalog, Open Kitchen/Watch the Chef, and Takeout/Carryout
- Worth Noting
Check out their menu online at the home page of the city of Colo and click on the link for Nilands Cafe.
Their specialties include the "Route 30 burger," a bacon cheeseburger, "Niland's burger," a double bacon cheeseburger and "Vacation," a breaded chicken sandwich with Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion.
Food specialties: Sandwiches, burgers, fountain and bottled pop.
- Payment Methods
- Checks Accepted, Major Credit Cards, and Cash
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- West Lincoln Highway and Highway 65
- Free Lot
- Wheelchair Access