Gateway Market and Cafe
Des Moines, IA 50312
- Hours: Sunday—Saturday: 7am-10pm
- Cuisine: Sandwiches and Eclectic
- Price Range: $ (Under $9)
- Reservations: No reservations required
- Alcohol: Beer and Wine
- Restaurant Style: Deli
- Dress Code: Anything Goes
Showing 3 of 4 reviews
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Trendy, Cozy, and Cleanliness
- Live Music
- Noise Level
- Internet Access
- Kids Menu, Online Menu, and Takeout/Carryout
- Average Drink Price
- $3.50 for beer; $5 for wine
- Worth Noting
The Market Cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Catering and box lunches offers the same quality and passion found in the cafe and market.
Food specialties: Try signature dishes such as the Gateway omelet or house ramen. Every sandwich is made with South Union artisan bread, baked fresh on site. Order for carryout if you need to get back to the office or rush home.
- Payment Methods
- Checks Accepted, Major Credit Cards, and Cash
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- Woodland Avenue and Martin Luther King Junior Parkway
- Free Lot
- Wheelchair Access
Recent User Playlists
When people come from out of town, I love to pick spots that really showcase Des Moines, and tell visitors we arent just some small town.
Whether your going on a first date, or a night away from the kids with your husband-these are some great spots.