Gateway Market and Cafe West - CLOSED
West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Hours: Cafe hours: Breakfast served 7-10:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, soups, salads, sandwiches and pizza served 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m. daily, dinner served 4-9 p.m. daily.
- Cuisine: Sandwiches, Salads, Pizza, Noodles, Desserts, and American
- Price Range: $ (Under $9)
- Reservations: No reservations required
- Alcohol: Beer, Wine, and Packaged Goods
- Restaurant Style: Deli and Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Anything Goes
This is Gateway Market's sister to the west. The store is much like Gateway's original location; blond wood, modern decor, colorful displays of fresh produce and prepared food, but it's arranged a little differently. When you walk in, the cafe and wine shop are to your right, the grocery part and checkout to your left. The cafe is also larger, with partitions dividing the space and a large outdoor patio overlooking a lake. The new building is located in the Village of Ponderosa, a collection of shops in between West Glen and the Jordan Creek Town Center.
- Bar Style
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Cleanliness and Laid Back Casual
- Live Music
- Noise Level
- Kids Menu, Takeout/Carryout, and Waterfront
- Average Drink Price
- Worth Noting
They have a cafe and a wine bar. The wine bar has a television.
Food specialties: The menu has many of the same offerings as the original Gateway Cafe, plus a selection of brick oven pizzas. Challah French toast and a tofu scramble for breakfast, house ramen, a Gateway burger and house cut french fries served all day.
- Payment Methods
- Checks Accepted, Major Credit Cards, and Cash
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- Market Street and Village View Drive
- Free Lot
- Wheelchair Access